Question of the Day

Options
jamielcash
jamielcash Licensing, Real Estate Accelerator, Licensing Career Launcher, California Licensing Career Launcher, Massachusetts Licensing, Buyer Agency Professional (BAP) Posts: 513

Hall of Fame

🐐

@Jenisvo @Cynthia Lott @Tanya Tilton @artvalenz1 @Toby Schifsky

Please share with us in the comments below.

Comments

• jamielcash
    jamielcash Licensing, Real Estate Accelerator, Licensing Career Launcher, California Licensing Career Launcher, Massachusetts Licensing, Buyer Agency Professional (BAP) Posts: 513

Hall of Fame

🐐
    Options

It sounds like Joy brought some joy to a successful career for you! Thank you for sharing!

• Art Valenzuela
    Art Valenzuela Real Estate Accelerator, California Licensing Career Launcher, California Licensing Posts: 52

🚨
    edited March 13
    Options

Since I started a gazillion years ago, it was a different time. I would have liked to have had someone tell me that a Coach would help me reach levels that I could only dream of doing on my own and with limited resources. Coaches were certainly around but most were high profile and seemed like celebrities and not true Coaches.

I first started to get a real sense of Coaching when I managed my first office and 90% of my agents had 2 years or less experience. I developed my own Coaching program through trial and error and a few years into, I realized, you know, I need my own Coach. I've had a few since, and rarely go more than a month or two without having someone look me in the eye and tell me what I'm doing wrong and how to get back on track.

• Jenisvo
    Jenisvo Licensing Career Launcher Posts: 39

🚨
    Options

I wish someone would have told me the importance of consistently working on my business plan. This plan, while seemingly just a document, is a roadmap to success. It requires not just occasional glances but daily dedication and action. I learned that success in real estate doesn't come from sporadic bursts of effort; it comes from daily, disciplined actions aligned with my long-term goals.

Equally crucial would be setting boundaries. Early on, I found myself available 24/7, blurring the lines between personal and professional life, which led to burnout. Setting clear boundaries for work hours and client communications was essential for maintaining my sanity and ensuring I could serve my clients effectively without sacrificing my own well-being.

• Tanya Tilton
    Tanya Tilton Posts: 23

🚨
    Options

I wish that I had been advised to manage my real estate career like a business and to conduct myself as a CEO of a start-up! Having a business mindset vs. a sales or "hustle" mentality is a game changer to the level of financial success that you are able to achieve as well as the rate at which you are able to achieve that success. A CEO mindset helps you to focus on your professional value and your long term growth & prosperity. Build a solid business and you will always be able to make a sale!

Tanya Tilton (she/her/hers)

Instructor

Kaplan North America

Student support: 800-636-9517

• jamielcash

Hall of Fame

🐐
    Options

Thank you all for your input. There's some great advice here.

Many people get into Real Estate because they want to be their own boss. I think it's important that you understand what that really means. If you're not disciplined/accountable, you can find yourself doing a lot of work that doesn't produce a paycheck. 🙃