Obtaining forms if you don't work for a broker

Options
millius86
millius86 Licensing Career Launcher Posts: 1

Hello,

I'm currently working on my Colorado real estate license to purchase my first home. I'm not interested in making this my career as I'm currently employed as a financial planner but just want to save money on closing costs. My concern is access to the pre-approved forms which are provided by many brokerages. Is there a way to obtain them without having to work for a brokerage if you have the real estate license? Does this make sense? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks so much!

Answers

• estaff
    estaff Posts: 24

Kaplan Community Plus

Options

Hi @millius86. Thanks for asking this question, I've tagged @jamielcash from our faculty team to help answer your question.

• jamielcash
    jamielcash Licensing, Real Estate Accelerator, Licensing Career Launcher, California Licensing Career Launcher, Massachusetts Licensing, Buyer Agency Professional (BAP) Posts: 513

Hall of Fame

🐐
    Options

@millius86 Thank you for reaching out. When you get your real estate license in Colorado, you are required to work under a Managing Broker for 2 years. The managing broker technically "owns" all listings and therefore will give you access to the forms and disclosures you will need for the transaction. There's no other way to obtain the forms unless you hire an attorney to draft up forms/contracts for you. I hope this helps give you more insight.