Proctored Exam

Options
Tanya4799470
Tanya4799470 Licensing Career Launcher Posts: 1

I just took, and failed, my first real estate proctored exam in MN. My problem is, a few of the questions had 2 out of the 4 answers that could both be correct. I took my tie to analyze the question, and all answers, and just picked which I thought would be the correct answer. How do we navigate these questions?

Answers

• estaff
    estaff Posts: 24

Kaplan Community Plus

Options

Hi @Tanya4799470. Thanks for asking this question, I've tagged @jamielcash from our faculty team to help answer your question.

• jamielcash
    jamielcash Licensing, Real Estate Accelerator, Licensing Career Launcher, California Licensing Career Launcher, Massachusetts Licensing, Buyer Agency Professional (BAP) Posts: 513

Hall of Fame

🐐
    Options

Hi @Tanya4799470 I'm sorry to hear you didn't pass your MN exam. Licensing exams are challenging. When answering multiple-choice questions, here are a few tips that can help you determine the correct answer.

Some common wrong answers include: reversals (for instance, the answer may feature an error in chronology, characterizing the first event as the second, or a detail that is the exact opposite of the truth), true but irrelevant (the information in the answer is true, but not relevant to the question posed), too extreme (the answer takes a fact that is true but exaggerates it to an extreme. For instance, it will insist that it is “always” true, when in reality it is only sometimes true), and getting one detail wrong (the answer is oh-so-perfect…except for one little detail that you will spend way too long obsessing about and rationalizing away).

Using the process of elimination is an effective tool as well. When you have 2 good answers, choose which one is better. Re-read the question and determine which answer is the best answer to the question posed. Try not to infer more from the question than what the question asked.

The best way to prepare for success on your next exam is to take a look at your test results and create quizzes in the QBank for the areas you scored the lowest. Taking practice tests is the best way to prepare for your upcoming exam.

I hope this helps. If you have more specific content questions as you review, please reach out. We are here to help. You've got this!!