Starting Real State Journey
Hello,
I would like to get any great advice as I am starting my Real State Journey.
Thank you
Answers
-
Welcome to the real estate industry! It is an exciting journey, and the fact that you are asking for advice early on shows you've got the right mindset.
To give you the best advice for your specific situation, I'd love to know where you are in the process. Here are a few key buckets:
- The Essentials: Have you found a brokerage yet?
- The Strategy: Have you started working on a business/marketing plan or determined your specific niche?
- The Systems: Have you started entering your database into a CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software?
All of these are foundational places to start. Let me know where you currently stand, and we can determine the next best steps for you!
3 -
Whos up studying tonight. Im taking my learning to "Metes and Bounds!" I got this
5 -
Hi @jamielcash , could I possibly have you give me some advice too?
I’ve passed my exams :) and now I’m very excited about what comes next, but I do have some questions about what’s best for me.
I moved to America with my family 6 months ago, so I’m new to the city and still don’t know many people. I’m what they call an “implant” here in Pittsburgh :P
About brokerage: I’ve been networking with agents I found on IG who are in my area, and I’ve asked to meet them for coffee so I can learn about their brokerage and their journey. People are busy, so it hasn’t happened yet. I’m nervous about going to a brokerage and just buying into what they sell and later not having a good first experience. That’s why I’d rather hear from someone’s firsthand experience. What’s the best approach here?
About strategy: I haven’t started working on a niche yet — I’m a little stuck on how to get people to want to work with me. I’d really appreciate some guidance on how to find my niche :)
About systems: I haven’t looked into this yet. Are these systems usually provided by the brokerage, or can we create our own? Could you also share some CRM examples so I can research them?
Thanks for helping us with these first steps. Yani
4 -
First off, welcome to America! Moving to a new country to start a new life is an incredibly courageous thing to do. Whenever I travel abroad, it deepens my respect for those who make this transition and reminds me just how challenging it can be. You should be very proud of taking this step. 💪
Here is some feedback and guidance on the areas you mentioned:
Brokerage:
You are approaching this from a very reasonable stance. While it is always valuable to meet people and gather their opinions, nothing replaces walking into a brokerage and interviewing them directly. This will give you a genuine feel for their culture and help you determine whether it’s the right place to hang your license.
Here is a list of questions to help guide your conversations during these interviews.
Strategy:
Don't stress too much about finding your niche just yet; quite often, your niche will find you. You might start in one direction and naturally pivot to another as you gain experience. There are so many paths to choose from in this industry that you will naturally gravitate toward what fits you best.
Systems & Tools:
While some brokerages offer in-house systems (usually for a fee) you are always free to use your own. To help you get your business off the ground, Kaplan provides several excellent tools through the Premier Student Perks program.
You can access these directly from your LMS dashboard (if they aren’t visible yet, they will be by July 1).
This package includes:
- Breakthrough Broker's Marketing Center (Basic Plan): Access to ready-to-use marketing materials to kickstart your career, including flyers, social media templates, and open house brochures.
- Kaydoh: A platform to build custom websites for your clients and create high-converting lead generation funnels.
- Top Producer's CRM: A powerful tool to keep your database organized and manage your daily tasks. It streamlines your operations, and best of all, it’s a tool you can take with you if you ever decide to change brokerages.
- Inman News: Your go-to source for staying current on industry news, market trends, expert advice, and the latest legal changes affecting real estate.
You are setting a fantastic foundation for your new career. Please let me know if you have any other questions as you get started!
3



