Growth Season: Test Prep & Senior Year Success 📚️

Options
emilyk
emilyk SBA Posts: 2

How do I best prepare myself for success? A question I'm sure we've all asked ourselves many times. Whether you're prepping for your MCAT or prepping for a successful summer leading into the next school year, I want to share what has helped me and what I am doing this summer!

Hi everyone, I'm Emily, a rising senior at MSU on the Pre-Dental path. This summer, I am studying for my DAT and taking a summer course. At times it has been hard to balance the two as well as make time for social interactions and personal goals. However, after reading many success stories from other test takers and after many attempts to balance it all I found what works best for me. 

One of my most impactful strategies has been identifying my non-negotiables. When I first started thinking about test prep it was so overwhelming and I was not sure how I was going to get everything done. Once I sat down and planned I realized what my non-negotiables are and by doing so I was able to create a schedule that I knew I would stick to. Some of my non-negotiables include things like eating a good breakfast, exercising, and making time to read. I realized during the start of my test prep I was skipping out on these and once I incorporated them my studying became more focused and productive. I’m curious to know what some of your non-negotiables are and what has helped you be successful in your studies and test prep?

Have a great summer everyone and happy studying!  😁