How I use Google Calendar and Notion to balance my life as a pre-med student

Options
anhtran
anhtran Posts: 3

Hi everyone! My name is Annie Tran. I go to Indiana University, majoring in human biology.

As a pre-med student, I prioritize academics, but I also make sure to dedicate time to my hobbies and social events to avoid burnout. To keep my life balanced and organized, I rely on two tools: Google Calendar and Notion.

Google Calendar:

I use Google Calendar to keep track of test dates, club meetings, social events, shadowing, volunteering, work, and other activities. It helps me visualize my week and month ahead. If I see that a particular week is very busy, I can plan ahead to lighten my workload.

There are color palettes online that allow you to choose specific colors for different activities on your calendar. I love having different colors for work, school, personal time, etc. It makes the calendar more colorful and helps me easily identify events. I recommend doing this, as it makes you more likely to enjoy looking at your calendar.

Notion:

Notion is both a website and an app with many uses. You can use it for writing, journaling, planning, taking notes, and more. While it can be confusing at first, once you figure it out, it's incredibly helpful. There are templates online to guide you in setting it up. I use Notion to keep everything in one place, including spreadsheets of volunteer and shadowing hours, class notes, to-do lists, journals (both professional and fun journals like coffee rating, movies rating, etc.), workout plans, and many more.

Please feel free to comment with any questions, and I will be happy to answer or share your tips for using Google Calendar and Notion!

#SBAGiveaway