Summer: Pre-Med Edition

Options
BrookeChambliss
BrookeChambliss SBA Posts: 1

Hi everyone, it's Brooke from Georgia Tech. As a rising 4th year, this is my last summer of undergrad (in denial about this😭)… so I wanted to take some time to dive into what I did during my three summer breaks:

My 1st summer, I decided to study abroad in Europe at a satellite campus in Metz, France. I spent three months taking degree-applicable classes to lighten the workload for the rest of my Fall and Spring semesters, and gallivanting across the continent where I traveled to 12 different countries ranging from the United Kingdom all the way to Greece. This was a perfect summer to end my first year in college and I will forever cherish the friends and memories made along the way!

My 2nd summer, I studied full-time for the MCAT using Kaplan's On-Demand 6 Month course. Due to the virtual aspect of the course, I was still able to volunteer at a local hospital, reconnect with family, hang out with friends, and do all the typical summer activities like go to the beach and travel. At the end of the summer, I took the MCAT in August and scored almost exactly what I received on my Practice Full Lengths which was amazing!

Back in the present, I am now in my 3rd summer where I am currently participating in an REU (Research Experiences for Undergrads), conducting research full-time about improving the tracking methods of stem cell therapy for degenerative diseases in Atlanta, GA. I am currently in the process of applying this cycle and am hoping to close out this summer strong.

No matter what your summer consists of, make sure you are having fun and imagining the end goal: becoming a physician! 😁😎

Tagged:

Comments

• Pej
    Pej Posts: 7
    Options

Time goes by so fast when you're having fun 😥. Congratulations on crushing your MCAT, Brooke!

• SydneyClements
    SydneyClements SBA Posts: 2
    Options

Brooke - I'm so proud of you! Hearing that your full lengths were similar to your actual MCAT score and about your success is so inspiring as a I prepare to retake my MCAT next month! I'm also very much in denial about senior year starting in two months, but I'm so glad you're enjoying your summer, and I can't wait to hear all about it when we get back in the fall! 🤩

#SBAGiveaway