Does picking a major in pre-med feel a bit like being stuck in a box? πŸ“¦πŸ©ΊπŸ₯Ό

Options
Karen_Hercules
Karen_Hercules Posts: 3

🚨

You're not the only one! Break free from the box β€” click here to learn more about the preferred major myth. Then, share your major and story below 😊✨

Comments

• gaborlando5
    gaborlando5 Posts: 2

Vested

πŸ—£οΈ
    Options

I'm studying Biomedical Engineering as a pre-med and I absolutely love it! I think having a little bit of diversity in your courses and the people you are surrounded with is great to give yourself a break from the college world of pre-med.

• justabby3
    justabby3 Posts: 5
    Options

Sometimes picking a major can feel like being put in a box or being exactly like everyone else. I think you should pick your major based on an area of study that you actually like because it makes getting the degree a lot easier than just doing it for medical school. I am studying Public health and I love it. I think the study of disease is really interesting and complements my affinity for medicine perfectly. #SBAGiveaway

• anhtran
    anhtran Posts: 3
    Options

I think it is easy to follow the trend that you have to major in some types of biology or chemistry in order to be pre-med, but I have friends who are business major or media major, doing pre-med, and they say it is manageable. You can have majors that are not science-based and still be a good application for medical school.