Maintaining 🧠 focus for the MCAT

Options
Ae-Ri
Ae-Ri Posts: 129

🚨

Hi friends!

Wow, how did the end of January come so fast? Time seems to fly, but do you know when it doesn't? When you're staring down an entire practice test, or reviewing a topic you've been dreading, or going through your last set of practice questions. You suddenly find excuses to clean your fridge or call a friend.

Personally, I find it helpful to swap between tasks within a block of time. For instance, if I was studying for the MCAT, I might do a bit of flashcards, and then a small set of practice, and then review over a section of a textbook, all on the same topic. Engaging in different modalities of studying can help with zoning out. In my study environment, I don't aim for a "perfect" study place, but at least one that minimizes distractions. While I usually do my work at home, when I really need to get something done, I'll grab my laptop and leave the house so that I'm reliant on limited data using my phone hotspot, which means I can't endlessly scroll on social media.

Regardless of whether you're just starting out your studies or you've been studying for a while, what are some things you've tried that are successful for maintaining focus and concentration? How do you avoid procrastinating? I'd love to hear from you all and steal try your ideas!