Test Anxiety

Options
Petros Minasi
Petros Minasi Posts: 8
edited September 2023 in Pre-Med Success Community

Most people have some form of it and we all have to come up with different mchanisms to get past it — particularly if you're going to get through med school — so how do you overcome any test anxiety or stress?

Comments

• Kirsten_Mahalaris
    Kirsten_Mahalaris Posts: 4

MCAT Student

🔬
    Options

I usually step back from the studying each day and take an hour to go to the gym!

• nataliec
    nataliec Posts: 1

👤
    Options

I overcome (or attempt to overcome) anxiety by making sure my humanly "foundation" is in tact. There are several "non-negotiable" aspects of my day-to-day schedule, which include at least 7 hours of sleep, some sort of physical movement for minimum 30 minutes, and a morning meditation and journaling session.

Adhering to my non-negotiables throughout the studying process all the way up to exam day ensures that I am as mentally and physically prepared as possible to commit to the test and put forth my best effort :)

• Kendra Solis
    Kendra Solis Development Posts: 172

Super Admin

👑
    edited October 2023
    Options

That's a great strategy! It seems like @nataliec and @alison_ross also have the same idea.💪

During stressful times, some people tend to eliminate activities such as working out to make time for studying. However, working out not only releases dopamine but it is also an excellent way to take a break and clear your mind.

BTW: I really admire your perspective, @nataliec! Keeping workouts as a non-negotiable is a great way to approach it.💯💯💯

• Kendra Solis
    Kendra Solis Development Posts: 172

Super Admin

👑
    edited October 2023
    Options

@nataliec @alison_ross @kjm6765 Looks like you're not alone after all😂 Today's question of the day talked about going to the gym to destress from test prep.🏋️‍♀️💪

• etran
    etran Posts: 2

Vested

🗣️
    Options

I agree. I try to step back from everything by going to the gym. I feel like if you are always in an area surrounded by schoolwork, it is easy to become more stressed, especially if you see other people around you being stressed about studying. Going to the gym is an excellent way to unplug and reset.