How should I structure my mcat prep as I plan to take the exam around February?
MCAT Student
🔬To elaborate further about my question, I am hoping to finish the content review by the last day of August and want to take my first FL in September to give me a benchmark of the areas I am struggling with. Should I follow the schedule given by kaplan and do multiple practice problems along with anki?
Answers
-
hi aadam maybe u can look at this and go through and make a list of topics (these are combined throughout each section rather than topic wise inside each subject bcpm etc) and then list which topics are hardest for you medium and easy, then start with the hardest topics first review those deeply and use ai as a study tutor (claude), to teach urself these topics, and u can also look at last minute lecture for free books and free lectures on these topics.
5 -
Hi Aadam
In general, I'd recommend you follow along with what's recommended on your study plan (provided you're enrolled in a Kaplan MCAT course). It'll give you the right balance of practice and content review at the same time, so it's not necessary for you to add additional practice questions, the modules will already do that for you. If you have additional needs, reach out and we'd be happy to give you some recommendations and suggestions.
5 -
So would you suggest following the integrated content review through the videos rather than doing content review and then starting the planner?
5 -
Hi Caroline!
Yes I do recommend you follow the schedule. When I see students who separate the content review from the practice, they run into this issue where they know a lot of details, but they struggle with applying. They also spend a lot of time on content that isn't really heavily tested, so evenly distributing your studies is actually a bad idea. The purpose of the first phase is to do both - content and practice, and it's organized to prioritize the highest yield material within the topics. And a good tip for anyone just starting out - the focus is the practice questions, and learning what you don't know (and know) from the practice. If the videos don't go deep enough, then feel free to head into whatever content resource you prefer (I like the books!) then continue. Hope that helps!
5
