I took the LSAT, what can and can't I discuss? 👀⚠️

Options
Krystin Major
Krystin Major Posts: 42
edited June 25 in Pre-Law Success Community

Like all standardized tests, it is important to maintain the integrity of the LSAT. Because of that, there are rules as to what you can and can't share once you have taken it.

Here are some useful excerpts (Dos and Don'ts) from LSAC's FAQ page that you'll want to keep front of mind post-testing.

What information about my LSAT experience am I allowed to share with others?
You may share general information, such as how you felt about the test-taking experience, the exam overall, or a section of the test. Sharing more details, such as information about a particular passage or a particular question and how you answered it, is prohibited.

Can I discuss details about the test, such as in a casual conversation?
No. The Candidate Agreement clearly states that sharing test details orally, in writing, on the Internet, or through any other means or media is prohibited. This rule is necessary to ensure that the test remains fair for all test takers.

What is the penalty for sharing test details?
LSAC retains complete ownership rights to the LSAT and reserves the right to pursue all suitable courses of action to prevent fraudulent or unauthorized uses of its intellectual property and to prevent the compromise of secure test materials.

Let us know if you have any other do's and don'ts you've found out

Comments

• RosieEzgur
    RosieEzgur SBA Posts: 6
    Options

Thank you for sharing this important information about maintaining the integrity of the LSAT. It’s crucial for all test takers to be aware of these rules to uphold the value of the test for everyone and not break any of the LSAT's rules by mistake.

I also recommend that people avoid posting any specific information about the test content on social media, forums, or any other online platforms. LSAC retains the right to pursue actions against those who share or attempt to share test content, even in anonymous forums. This could include canceling scores, banning from future tests, or other legal actions.

#sbagiveaway