Helping future project managers

Options
mlholes
mlholes Posts: 11
edited February 26 in Parents & Guardians

Hello everyone! I am a certified Project Manager Professional (PMP). I would be happy to help any students who are looking into becoming project managers. Project Management is one of the fastest growing fields around the world and is utilized in one way or another in the majority of employment fields. Please let me know if you have any questions regarding obtaining the certifications or any other PM related questions :)

Comments

• mo_33671
    mo_33671 Posts: 20

Vested

🗣️
    Options

How long is the certification for this field?

• mlholes
    mlholes Posts: 11
    Options

@mo_33671 That is a great question. There are several types of certifications you can get as a project manager. The two most common are the PMP and PMI-ACP. The majority of the certifications do require 3+ years of project experience. However, the Project Management Institute (PMI) came out with the CAPM, which allows for no project experience. This provides an opportunity for those who might not have as much project experience, to enter the field. All of the certifications require a certain amount of education (classroom) hours. For example, for the PMP, you have to complete 35 hours of qualified classroom training. And then all certifications have exams that students have to pass. I am happy to go into more detail if a student has more questions :)