Helping students with special needs navigate the SAT's

Options
mlholes
mlholes Posts: 11
edited February 26 in Parents & Guardians

Hey, #KaplanCommunity! ๐Ÿ‘‹ As a parent of a special needs child, I know how stressful preparing for the SAT's can be on an entire family. I would love to share my experience and hear yours. We can all work together to help our children navigate the SATs! ๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ’ช

From my own experience, I understand that the SATs can be challenging for our amazing children. Navigating IEP's, accommodations, and dealing with the school system can be so overwhelming. That's why I want to share knowledge that will empower our children with the tools and strategies they need to conquer this important milestone! ๐ŸŽ“โœจ

#SpecialNeedsEducation #SATPreparation #EmpoweringSuccess

Let's spread the word and make a difference in the lives of these extraordinary individuals! ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿงก Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or if you know someone who would like to join the discussion. Together, let's inspire, support, and achieve greatness! ๐Ÿคโค๏ธ

Comments

• rrovan83
    rrovan83 Posts: 7

Vested

๐Ÿ—ฃ๏ธ
    Options

@mlholes Love the spreading of information that may help navigate the special needs community as they prepare for Sat's and college.

Anyone else have tips or anyone have your best tips for getting prepared?

• mlholes
    mlholes Posts: 11
    Options

@rrovan83 Yes! My family has learned so much about the process and accommodations. For example, we found out that the time and half accommodation was actually horrible for my son. Yes, the extra buffer of time was nice. But he ended up almost falling asleep at the desk a few times when he finished within the regular time. They were legally required to have him wait the extra time before he could start the next section. He was so bored it actually became more stressful than if he had just taken the test within the normal time limits.