SAT® vs ACT®: Which test should your child take?

Options
Kendra Solis
Kendra Solis Development Posts: 169

Super Admin

👑
edited February 2 in Parents

Both the SAT and the ACT are nationally administered, standardized tests that help schools evaluate your child's application and see how prepared they are for college courses. Most colleges accept scores from either test, so your child can take the test that’s right for them.

Have you and your child decided on which test would be right for them? Let us know in the comments which you decided on!

if you're still unsure which test will be best for your child, click here to take a free 5-minute quiz!

Comments

• RachGupt
    Options

My twins did a practice test for both the SAT and ACT and decided to go with the ACT as their strength in Science and Math helps boost their ACT scores more.

• mlholes
    mlholes Posts: 11
    Options

At both of the schools that my children attending in MI, they only offer the SAT. It's interesting, when I was growing up, we had to take both.

• mo_33671
    mo_33671 Posts: 20

Vested

🗣️
    Options

@mlholes My student is also taking the SAT. It has fewer writing questions and more time which was appealing.

• mlholes
    mlholes Posts: 11
    Options

@mo_33671 That's great to hear. I am excited because it is online now. Filling in all of the bubbles was very hard for my son.