Why is Time Management so important?

Options

People who practice good time management techniques often find that they:

• Are more productive.
  • Have more energy for things they need to accomplish.
  • Feel less stressed.
  • Have more free time to do the things they want.
  • Get more things done.
  • Relate more positively to others.
  • Feel better about themselves.

Okay, but how do I actually do it? - Get organized mentally & physically!
Physical - Plan where you are going to study. Do you have a designated space? Are you studying at home? At the library? At work? Is it quiet? Will there be distractions? Is it tidy?
Mental - get yourself mentally ready for the marathon of bar prep, it’s different from law school and can be challenging. You need to have a plan.  

Let us know in the comments if you find this helpful and feel free to share some of your time management tips.

Best.

Victor

Comments

• KatherineatKaplan
    Options

Time blocking! Using my Google Calendar to schedule time for things that I need to accomplish in the day helps me (1) be cognizant of the time that I am dedicate to specific projects, (2) prioritize my projects to ensure that the most important items get taken care of with enough time, and (3) keep track of the hours in the day so that I’m not spending too much time on one project and running out of time for another. Just like on the bar exam, you don’t have to do everything perfectly all of the time, but you do have to give your best effort to everything to be successful.