📚New books on the psychology of financial planning📚

Options
saraberkowicz_001
saraberkowicz_001 FP CRPS, FP ABFP, FP FPQP, FP CRPC, FP 515, FP 517 Posts: 12

🚨

Have you read any of these books? If so, what is your opinion?

1.) The Psychology of Financial Planning by the CFP Board (black cover, paperback)

2.) The Psychology of Financial Planning Practitioners Guide by Klontz, Chaffin, & Klontz (blue cover, hardback)

3.) The Psychology of Financial Planning Practitioners Toolkit by Klontz, Chaffin, & Klontz (red cover, paperback)

Comments

• Olivia10453700
    Olivia10453700 FP ABFP Posts: 1
    Options

Anything by the Klontz's are worth reading over and over again.

• saraberkowicz_001

🚨
    Options

Sounds like you've read their other books and research. Which publication has been the most impactful for your practice?

• Dima3469091
    Dima3469091 FP Exam Prep Posts: 2
    Options

No.

I've not read any of these books by Klontz, but I do have some questions:

1). Are these books required to be read by CFP Board?

2). Are there significant differences from the material in the Kaplan textbooks?

I really do not wish to spend more time and resources on other sources of exam materials unless you imply that Kaplan is not a guaranteed source of passing the CFP exam.

Please respond. Thanks

• saraberkowicz_001

🚨
    Options

The new books are not required reading, by the CFP® Board or by the College.

The new books do not cover CFP® Board education course Principle Knowledge Topics that are tested on the certification exam.

They were, however, written by the Klontzs, which was the topic of this thread in the Financial Planners Professional Community. If you seek insights in passing the CFP® exam, I suggest that you check out the Community boards in that area.