Officially Passed CFP Exam - What I learned to finally make it

Options
Steve
Steve Posts: 2

👤

Here is an old post I shared in another forum for those studying for the exam.

Persistence after mistakes and failures

Practice questions for repetition (They ain't lying go over the (thousands of) practice bank questions twice

Focus away from distractions in life

Hiatus Support from family, employer(s), social media, and loved ones knowing you need time to pull away from them

It's a marathon, not a sprint - work life balance, rewards, love and wellness to endure the struggle

Hone in repeatedly on what you're getting wrong in practice questions

Don't give up; Remember the bigger mission that's driving you

Socialize - study groups, live review classes on zoom, in-person classes "whatever it takes" - Avengers

Try multiple study strategies but ultimately rely on the study strategy that helped you achieve success for quizzes/tests in school

Time - it's so much material, it's really hard to rush consuming it all fast. I tried.

Failures and mistake along the way are just checkpoints, mile markers, and next steps in the process or route to get there if you let them

Follow a study plan, sample different instructors' teaching styles that work for you and reach out to them for clarification.

It's been a long road for my family and I. It's over for now. And I wish the same for you in due time.

[MODERATOR NOTE: This post has been edited to remove marketing and promotional references, per our Terms of Use].

Comments

• alivelyman
    alivelyman FP Exam Prep, FP 512, FP 513, FP 514, FP 515, FP 516, FP 517 Posts: 2

Vested

🗣️
    Options

Was this the approach you took during the studying leading up to the exam, or did you take this approach during the pre-req education courses as well? How long did you spend hard-core studying like this before the exam itself?

Thanks!